Followers

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Jason's Birthday BBQ/Bonfire/Beer Pong Bash!


   If you know Jason very well then you know that three of his favorite things are BBQ, Bonfires and Beer pong (maybe more of a past favorite but he still enjoys it!). We had a great turn out for Jason's 26th birthday party. Jason and I spent Friday afternoon and Saturday morning preparing for it. While we were in town we decided to run by DHL to see if the package from my mom had made it, and it had! Jason was really excited about the velveeta and rotel! We even bought the expensive chips to dip in it.  Now, the dip was not for the party, we were going to eat all that ourselves another night! We bought several crates of good beer, soda and 4 kilos of potatoes! We ended up buying a lot of food for our 25 guests but the landlord supplied most of the meat. We bought all the American BBQ essentials such as hamburgers, hotdogs and steak. Michael, our landlord, bought half a goat! They brought in the goat to be trimmed and marinated. Luckily our friend Daniel had come over 2 hours early to help out. He had the privilege of trimming half a goat. The trimming includes getting rid of 2 legs, a tail, some intestines and kidneys. We then added my marinate and cooked for a couple house on there grill. While Daniel was doing take trimming I was preparing 4 kilos  of potato salad and making the cupcakes. We had tried to bake a carrot cake (Jan's amazing recipe) the night before but ended up with burnt sides and top and completely raw in the middle. It was one in the morning when we finally took it out so I just stuck in the in the fridge and decided to make cupcakes out of it in the morning. I also make chocolate netalla cupcakes with netalla frosting and, thanks to my mom's package, we had yellow cake with chocolate frosting! Jason made some great pasta salad with a little smoky gouda cheese and deviled eggs!
   
   This was going to be the first time I met Jason's bosses (Cecile and Johan) and I was pretty nervous! Luckily (sarcasm) they showed up while I was wearing an apron, kinda sweaty, skewing steak kabobs! I was so embarrassed but they are about the nicest people I have ever met. Jason has always spoken very highly of them and I knew he really like them but I was still surprised at how incredibly nice and fun the were. They also have the cutest little girl! Some of Jason's colleagues, Jan (helicopter pilot) and Eugene (pilot) and Sarah (pilot) also made it to the party. It is very comforting meeting people that I feel we could spend the holidays and special occasions with since we will be so far away from home.  We had a so much fun with everybody. We had the grill and bonfire going most of the night. When the meat would come off it would be passed around. The steak kabobs and goat were fantastic right off the grill! 
    
   After the bonfire had gone out and most of our guests had gone home we decided to teach some of our Tanzanian and English friends how to play beer pong! It was a great way to end the night! I can't wait to have everyone over again!

Lots of love,
Aubree and Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment