Followers

Friday, June 1, 2012

Peace and Quiet

A lot of things have been happening with Walk In Love these last 3 weeks! I haven't been great about updating my blog but please check out my website at www.walkinlovetanzania.com. We plan on having the Neema House open house on June 30 so this will be a busy month. Next week I will start to interview the women and do some home visits! I'm so excited to get "Believe in Me" off the ground and start changing some lives!




The house is pretty quiet except of course for the sounds of chickens, goats and random people outside, but the point is that the noise is not coming from the inside anymore. Its actually a little lonely now that we are "back to normal". I miss Nancy's high pitched, loud voice calling Jason "ki Cha!!"which means crazy in Swahili. I also miss B snuggled on my hip demanding kisses all the time! Selemani smile from across the room and his never ending imagination! As most of you already know, Jason and I took care of our good friends children for 2 weeks. It was pretty crazy going from zero kids to three under the age of 5 but we managed quite well. Jason and Joyce were my heroes for those two weeks. Jason dove right in and wasn't scared, well overly scared, of diapers, wiping a bottom or two, or just sitting and playing the evening away. Joyce came in at the exact right moments and offered to lend a hand in the kitchen, usually cleaning all the breakfast and lunch dishes. She kept me sane! Now, I'm not going to lie, when we dropped the kids off I did feel a little like Mel Gibson in Braveheard shooting FREEDOM!! But when we returned to the house and all the toys were gone and not kids were laughing and playing I did miss them, how easily we forget!






Playing in their bedroom
Hanging to out on the front porch, we spent a lot of time there.
 Joyce, B and snarling Nancy:)
 So cute!
 Love!
 Eating popcorn and watching some Peppa Pig
 Beautiful Nancy!!!


This collection of goodies are some of our favorite finds!! Yes, you are seeing correctly. Some of the things were have been most excited about buying are shoes, broom and pan!, rain boots, fabric softener, cheese grater, kitchen towels, laundry basket and a special board and rolling pin to make chapati and tortillas. Also in the mirror you can see my party new dress:)

We went to the clothing market this week and went a little crazy buying clothes. The market we buy our clothes at is really just  side street with huge wheel barrels full of clothing. I bough a Tommy Hilferger, Ralph Lauren, tons of Forever 21, American Eagle sweaters and long sleeve shirt for 500 shillings a piece! That's 30 cents ya'll! Jason bought, well a lot, but one of his favorites is an Abercrombie zip you sweat shirt for a staggering $1.80. This is a picture of all our buys after we washed them, immediately. I told you they were out of wheel barrels right.....

Jason has had a very busy three weeks. He finally got his Captains uniform from the states. I must say he looks quite handsome!! No, he looks down right hot:) He was very excited to get the uniform and all the things that go with it. (I can't remember what they are called but the stripes on the shoulders mean something and he has his wings with the company name on them.) On top of getting his uniform his company also felt he was capable of going to Dar, the capital, and presenting the last bit of information to the Tanzania Civil Aviation (board?) to finalized the licensing of the company. He was also supposed to take his test for his Tanzania pilots license but this is Africa, so of course they didn't have enough staff and cancelled. They only offer the test once per week so Jason will have to go back next week to take the test. Johan, Jason's boss and owner of the company, is trying to get Jason flying as soon as possible now that the office is up and running. They already have a lot of clients booked this summer and they are deciding on whether to buy another plane and helicopter! I hope they do!




This leads me to another subject that Jason and I discuss quite often. Adoption. Jason and I feel very strongly that adoption is something we will pursue in the future. Before watching the three kids the last 2 weeks I was quite confident that we could have at least 5, not I'm not so confident but don't write it off! I have fallen head over heals for a particular little guy named Ibra, but I think he looks like a Mac:) Mac Charles Packard anyone?:)  I would love to adopt Ibra in the future, when Jason and I are ready. I'm not saying that we are going to adopt him, but it is not out of the question. After watching the kids I would not be surprised if Jason falls for a little girl while I have fallen for a little guy. We always say we want twins! They don't have to be related:) I have a feeling that all of our girls WILL be daddy's princesses! Here are some of my favorites of Ibra over the last 3 months.



















2 comments:

  1. Pleeeeeease do not call a child Mac-if u went home he would be called Big Mac, Mac with cheese etc, etc, U r right Jason looks darn good in his uniform, if i were 20, ok 30, years younger I'd challenge you to a duel-a very english thing to do. Maybe I'll just have to wait for Selemani to grow up and hope that he likes (much)older women
    love the pics and the blog x
    ps rain boots=wellies, things on shoulders=epaulettes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Dolly, I cannot give into you request:) Mac is a family name and Jason and I both love it! My maiden name is McClelland so my grandfather and father both go by Mac (well my grandfather mainly, but my father was Mac in the military and at college). I actually thought my grandpa Mac's name was Mac until I was about 15. Ha! The duel we can do. Anytime. Anywhere. Bring it!:) Epaulettes! Yes, Jason will probably be disappointed in me if he ever reads the blog!

    ReplyDelete