Followers

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

One Human Family

Walk In Love has a new blog! http://walkinlovetanzania.blogspot.com/

We had another great week in Tanzania.  One of the great things about Tanzania and Tanzanians is that they really consider everyone to be family. Its so nice that we not only have friends here but a real family here. Black or white we are all one human family. Claires children call me Aunt Aubree and call Jason Uncle Jason. They call Mama Musa bibi, which is grandmother in Swahili. I have already told Mama Musa that when Jason and I have children she will be there bibi too. Tom and Barron will be Uncles and we already consider them kaka's, brothers. I have my dada's, (sisters) Claire and Mama Musa, that I already see everyday! Jason stays up with Barron and Tom playing cards and trying to catch bats on the weekends. We miss everyone at home but we are so blessed to have met such great people here.

On Thursday I went with Claire, Mama Musa and the kids to visit a local orphanage, Tumaini. Tumaini means hope in Swahili. They currently have 54 children, 4 and over, living at the orphanage and support another 60 in the village. It was a very nice meeting and the director, a Canadian, was very nice and helpful with my questions about her outreach. After visiting Tumaini we went to  local restaurant and have a nice, but cold lunch. Breakfast, lunch and dinner times are really the only time you can get hot or fresh food. If you come between you normally get whatever is left over and its cold. I took some pictures of the kids eating there chicken legs. 



 



 Jason has been working late all week. He has a lot of responsibility and has been the only one is the office for the whole month. He is getting the entire business set up with out much help. His employers are out of the country working on other aspects of the business. A lot goes into starting up an airline! The office inspector from Dar came in this week and Jason passed with flying colors. His bosses are very impressed with all the work that Jason has done. Claire and I discovered a very nice place on evening. We saw an advertisement for fish and chips and decided to try it out. Its a very nice outdoor pub with a playground, swimming pool and gym. Jason met us there after work and we had some nice cold beer with fish and chips. Afterwards we played for a while at the park. It was a very nice afternoon and we have decided to visit once a week. I can't wait to go for a swim!



 B holding onto Jasons thumbs. They are so cute together!


 Pushing Nancy and Selemani. They had a great time.


Helping B up the slide. She liked sliding down on her tummy instead of her bottom.



 B keep taking one step then stops! She is getting so close and I think she will be walking soon. I can't wait!



I haven't been visiting Cradle as much as I was. Its a very long distance to just go to play with the kids and the director has given me no indication that the preschool room will be ready anytime soon. Not that it really matters because I will have an office at Neema House by May 1 where I can work from. I am definitely going to miss all the babies. I will continue visiting a couple times a week until I get too busy, but I will still make special trips in to visit my boy, Ibra. The picture below shows the difference between the tiniest baby, Prickett, and our resident tank, Tuma.




We went to Claires house for dinner last night. Claire and Mama Musa made pizza and fruit crumble. It was one of the best meals I have had since being here! Jason and I both decided that we needed to figure out how to work our oven so they can teach us how to make some yummies meals! Since most people do not have cars and it was raining last night we took Mama Musa, Sarah and her three children home. Our car may look small but it can hold a lot of people! I am lucky enough to get lots of rides from Claire when Jason has the car. This is a picture of Jason and Nancy playing after dinner. Nancy has so much personality and I just love her laugh!


Follow my Walk In Love @ http://walkinlovetanzania.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment